- Equi-lise Healthy Horse Pasture Fertiliser is a pelletised lime-based fertiliser especially formulated for horse paddocks. The lime-based pellets include Magnesium, Phosphate, Sulphur and a small amount of Selenium. Equi-lise helps maximise nutrient effectiveness resulting in a sweeter, palatable and more balanced soil and pasture. It is also a great general purpose fertiliser for small block-holders that run other livestock too.
- The all-in-one pelletised nature of Equi-lise makes it easy to apply, cost effective and fast acting. Because Equi-lise is an ultra-fine lime-based fertiliser in pelletised form it breaks down quickly for a more rapid response in the soil.
For healthy horse pasture
- Applying Equi-lise increases soil pH, improves availability of key nutrients, enhances nutrient cycling and soil biological activity. Over time, horse pastures can become depleted in calcium and magnesium and as a result soil pH declines, often causing ‘sour’ grazing. Adjusting soil pH and supplying necessary Ca and Mg for soil health, sweetens pastures and restores mineral balances faster. Dung and urine provide plenty of potassium (K) which can cause an imbalance with Ca and Mg, limiting pasture growth, soil and plant health and palatability. As with potassium from dung and urine, nitrogen is also deposited which can cause pastures to run ‘hot’ (as with certain types of pasture species). When excess nitrogen leaches, it takes with it important soil neutralisers – Ca and Mg. This is why horse paddocks become ‘sour’ over time.
How much to apply and when?
- The recommended spread rate is 250kg/ha or 100kg/ac.
- You can apply Equi-lise every 12 -18 months to maintain a healthy soil. If however, your horse paddocks have been neglected or they are under heavy grazing pressure, you may want to consider increasing the application rate to 500kg/ha, or the frequency, e.g. every 6 months.
- Equi-lise can be applied at any time of the year. Spring and Autumn are the most typical times otherwise just whenever it is convenient and you are able to get onto your paddocks. In some cases, an application in both Spring and Autumn is necessary to restore healthy pastures. An application of Equi-lise once a year is usually enough.
- It is best to apply Equi-lise just before it rains. As soon as the pellets come in to contact with moisture they will start breaking down and should start working within 4 to 12 weeks depending on your soil type. The lighter your soil the quicker the response will be, however you may need to apply less product, more often. A heavier soil will have a slower response and you may need to apply more product at once to see a change.
When should I put my horse back in the paddock?
- Once you have applied Equi-lise, the pellets will start breaking down as soon as they come into contact with moisture. Although it is good to try and apply Equi-lise just before it rains. A few morning dews will help the pellets breakdown too. You will notice that the pellets will be quite soft after a few days.
- We recommend that you move your animals out of the paddock before you apply Equi-lise. You can move them back when you are happy the pellets have dispersed enough into the soil.
- The pellets taste a bit like chalk and are not all that desirable by animals. There isn’t anything in Equi-lise that would harm your animals if they accidentally ate a few Equi-lise pellets, horses generally don’t like the taste of them all that much!! We have had a few clients who spread their Equi-lise while their horses were in the paddock. However, you know your horses best, so only let them back in to the paddocks when you are happy that the Equi-lise pellets have broken down enough so your animals won’t eat them.
How to apply Equi-Lise?
Small block application
You can use a “walk behind” spreader or a tow-behind spreader on the back of your quad bike or tractor. Remember to turn the agitator off as this will crush the pellets, turning them to dust. Set the rate to 250kg/ha or about 225bs/acre
To apply to a small area then it is easy to sprinkle on by hand if you do not have a spreader. Spread like you are feeding chooks!
Bulk Bag lots
If you are able to handle 500kg or 1T bags then you can scoop the pellets out with a bucket and put in to your spreader or it may be easier to use 25kg bags instead.
You can apply with a bulk spreader, plane or helicopter – if you have a big lifestyle block!
Where can I get Equi-lise from?
- Equi-lise is available in 25kg bags from participating rural merchants.
- If you have 2 hectares or more, and you are able to manage bulk bags, we can send 500kg or 1000kg bags to a depot near you. The freight price for 500kg and 1000kg bags and bulk product will depend on where the product is delivered to. Generally, bulk bags are delivered to a convenient depot in your local town where you are able to pick them up, just make sure your truck or trailer and you can handle 500kg or 1Tbags. Contact us for a freight price.
Is Equi-lise organic?
Equi-lise is made using all natural ingredients. Because there are no chemical or acidic forming nutrients used in the making of Equi-lise, we feel it hasn’t been necessary to organically certify Equi-lise. However, if this is a requirement for your property, we can make a batch of organically certified Equi-lise. Additional certification costs and minimum order quantities will apply.
Contact us to enquire about getting Equi-lise to you.
“Been bloody impressed with this product, I honestly didn’t expect to get the results I got simply because nothing else was working, so why would this work? But it has the pellets that don’t dissolve quickly which is great for my block of land, where, when it rains the water runs off. I don’t get mud, so I applied it expecting it to disappear, but it didn’t and I could see it breaking down, but also see the grass changing colour and growing – now areas where my horse would refuse to eat, he is now eating! You can see the difference between the area I did, and the area I didn’t apply Equi-Lise. I’m getting more and even put my mum onto it, a great product for free draining soil that is for sure! The grass was able to absorb it and utilise it – thanks so much!” – Trish Dakin
Optimise Lifestyler Farm Fertilisers
Optimise Lifestyler Farm Fertilisers are a range of general purpose lime-based fertilisers that are ideal for combining your lime and fertiliser applications – all in the one go!. The Lifestyler fertiliser range has been designed with your busy life in mind, helping you get the most out of your country block so you can spend more time enjoying it. They contain the major elements that are depleted through the removal of livestock and crop as well as lime which is important to counter soil acidity and maintain healthy soils and pastures.
If you’re new to your piece of lifestyle paradise, or you know it hasn’t had any TLC for some time, Optimise Lifestyler Farm Fertilisers is a great place to start.
The Optimise Lifestyler range of fertilisers takes care of:
- Soil structure – by improving soil porosity and water infiltration
- Soil biology – by providing a food source for beneficial soil life
- Soil chemistry – by supplying a mix of key nutrients for soil and plant health, including the use of seaweed and humates which help to not only care for soil biology but also provide a wide range of trace elements that are beneficial for all of life’s functions.
The Lifestyler Range
Make life easier with Go-Easy Lifestyler farm fertiliser.
Go-Easy is your go-to all-in-one lime and fertiliser product designed for general use and maintenance of essential nutrients.
Go-Easy is great for boosting growth in the spring and/or Autumn and for preparing paddocks for hay or baleage. Go-Easy helps make pastures more palatable for livestock and enhances nutrient cycling.
Restore and maintain the nutrient balance of your soil after hay or baleage making with Bale-Up.
Applying Bale-up after harvesting pasture for supplements is a simple and effective way of replacing key nutrients removed from the property.
Bale-Up helps boost production post harvest, supporting the plants ability to utilise water and other nutrients, especially nitrogen and phosphorus more efficiently particularly during periods of rapid growth.
How lucky is your lucerne? It will be, once it gets a taste of our Lucky Lucerne lifestyle fertiliser!
Your lucerne paddocks and your stock are going to love this all natural lime-based fertiliser mix especially designed for lucerne and lucerne mixed pastures.
Lucky Lucerne is a great combination of growth stimulating nutrients in combination with fine lime to help maintain ideal soil pH. Boost production and crop health with Lucky Lucerne!
How do I apply Optimise Lifestyler?
For the DIY lifestyler, Optimise Lifestyler Farm Fertiliser is easily spread yourself or using a small-block contractor.
Where can I get Optimise Lifestyler Farm Fertiliser from?
Optimise Lifestyler can be purchased in bulk truck loads, 1000kg bags, 500kg bags and 25kg bags.
The freight price for 500kg and 1000kg bags and bulk product will depend on where the product is delivered to. Generally, bulk bags are delivered to a convenient depot in your local town where you are able to pick them up, just make sure your truck or trailer and you can handle 500kg or 1Tbags.
Optimise Lifestyler is usually available from your local Rural Merchant in 25kg bags. Please enquire at your local retailer.
Contact us about getting Optimise Lifestyler to you.
What is Eggxcel?
Eggxcel is a calcium and diatomaceous supplement in pelletised form designed for supplementing laying hens.
Why use Eggxcel?
Laying hens need a good source of calcium to optimise egg production and also to harden egg shells. If your hens are laying soft shelled eggs or no shell at all, then supplementing with Eggxcel can help alleviate this. The inclusion of Diatomaceous Earth (DE) into the pellets makes this much easier and safer to feed, and significantly minimises any of the irritation to you and your hens.
There are many benefits of feeding DE. DE naturally contains a wide spectrum of minerals which, along with calcium helps to promotes strength and overall good health. DE also has value in supporting intestinal health too.
Eggxcel is a versatile feed that can be supplied ad-lib. It also helps control feed and coop odours and moisture of feed mixes.
Eggxcel is supplied in 1.5kg bags for mail delivery orders.
Eggxcel is also available in larger quantities.